I would like to thank Danica Aquino for nominating me for this award in her blog www.thedirtydiaries.wordpress.com. Knowing nothing about the awards, I have checked out the rules which seem to vary across WordPress.
So the rules I am passing on for the bloggers I nominate are:
1. Thank person who nominated you with link to their blog.
2. Display award on blog.
3. Answer 11 questions about self, provided by person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs for award with less than 1,000 followers.
5. Create new list of 11 questions for blog owners nominated.
6. Write and publish blog.
7. Inform people nominated and provide link to award blog.
8. Pass on the rules.
Answers to Danica’s questions (I’ll do my best!)
1. (Just for fun). If you were a character in the movie The Purge, who would you first kill and why?
Since I haven’t seen the movie, that’s my excuse for not answering what might be a difficult question!
2. If you are going to change something physically in you, which body part would it be and why?
Extend my spine by a couple of inches between my waist and shoulders – instantly slimming and a bit taller.
3. What is your all time favourite book and why?
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Very inspirational and also later saw the film. Feel I was meant to read it. Had a very strange experience. I went into my local bookshop to ask if they had a specific book – non-fiction on life coaching. Instead of going to the non-fiction section, the shop assistant headed to the fiction section and took Eat Pray Love from the shelf. I had never heard of it but had to buy it as felt it was a sign. I was right. The timing was perfect for me and part of it was set in Italy where I really wanted to go. I have since watched Elizabeth Gilbert on Youtube, she herself is very inspirational – the book was about her but written like fiction.
4. Who is your favourite personality, dead or alive, and why?
difficult to name one person … Tends to change over time. Maybe it’s a bit controversial but I do like Simon Cowell on TV – X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent. He has played a part in enabling so many people to follow their dreams. Yes there is also heartache and disappointment but I think that more people benefit from his work than not. I do think his programmes have the feel good factor – but I know many people can’t stand his programmes and all the hype.
5. What or who is your greatest inspiration?
I discovered life coaching many years ago, eventually training to be a life coach. I have used the positive approach in my own life to help overcome difficult periods, including depression, and have been able to use it in my work. It has made a real difference to my life and enables me to inspire others when I don’t even realise I am doing it. Alongside this I am also inspired by creativity in its many different forms.
6. What genre do you prefer to read: romance, SciFi, satire, young adult, adult or classic?
I have acquired lots of books over the years, firstly loads of cookery books which I would sit for hours and read, and secondly, personal development, health and life coaching books. The fiction books I like to read are light-hearted romance, something that just takes me away to a different place and has some humour in it. I think it’s because of my interest in people and relationships, and I need something that I can just pick up and put down, and still remember what is going on – I’m a slow reader …
7. Given the chance to talk to your younger self, what would you want to say?
Don’t worry so much about what other people think.
8. What is your greatest dream?
I would like to spend time travelling through Europe by train, especially going to Italy and some of the special trains through amazing scenery in Switzerland. I would like to write and complete a book, I have made many starts. I would like to practice as a Life Coach, have my own business. Most especially for my family to have happy lives.
9. What are the top three countries you want to travel to and why?
Italy – I would love to visit Rome, Venice and Verona, and to explore the different regions including the coast. I am drawn to the culture.
Spain – to revisit after spending a wonderful weekend there on a hen party. The coast and weather was fantastic and it was much nicer than I had imagined.
Ireland – to visit Dublin and see other parts of the country. It looks beautiful and everyone I know who has gone there has loved it.
10. What is your one characteristic (not physical) that you think stands out among others?
hmmm, not an easy one to answer. I am quiet, perceptive and a ‘thinking’ person – mix the three together and that is my one characteristic!
My nominations for the Liebster Award are:
2. Ramblings of a wandering mind – sjackson424.wordpress.com
My questions for nominees are:
1. Describe in 3 words what your blog is about.
2. What do you think is special about blogging?
3. What role do you think blogging plays in preserving and sharing memories?
4. What is your ideal outcome from blogging?
5. What 5 things do you value most in life?
6. How do you have fun and relax?
7. How important is creativity in your life?
8. Sometimes it is the simple things in life that give much pleasure. What simple things do you enjoy the most?
9. What are you most proud of?
10. If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be and what would you be doing?
11. Is there anything that you really want to do in life that you have not yet done?
Thanks Danica for this experience – I have enjoyed the process and hope that those I have nominated will consider accepting this award. Any questions, just send me a comment. Hope I have met all the rules – here goes – publication and the Liebster Award!