Once again I am thanking Danica Aquino, http://www.thedirtydiaries.wordpress.com for nominating me for the Creative Blogger Award. I am very pleased to accept this nomination. When I accepted the nomination for the Liebster Award yesterday I received my highest number of views in a day and I love that people in so many different countries view my blog.
The rules for this award are:
1. Thank person who nominated you with link to their blog.
2. Display award on blog.
3. Share 5 facts about self.
4. Nominate 10-15 blogs (some rules say 5 some say up to 20)
5. Pass on the rules.
The 5 facts about me are:
1. I love travelling by train, even just fairly short journeys from home. My longest trip was from Kent in England to Frankfurt in Germany. I travelled with my son to see the Grand Prix at Hochenheim. It was only five days but it was absolutely wonderful.
2. I think Street Pianos are great. It is such a great idea for anyone to be able to sit and play a piano. I always enjoy visiting St Pancras Station in London where they have a few pianos and some of the people who play them are absolutely amazing and so inspiring. I learnt the piano at school and achieved Grade IV. I can still play a little but only with music (and only for me!) but would like to get back to using my keyboard and perhaps have some lessons.
3. I am a mature student studying Social Sciences and am into my second year. It was a dream come true to be at university studying full-time after so many years of working. Sadly this is on hold at the moment as I was diagnosed with acute leukaemia in January this year and have spent quite a few weeks in hospital and having treatment. I am getting used to my ‘new normal’, taking advantage of the time to go through my old journal writing, do this blog, read light fiction and I am trying to start writing a story.
4. I believe in the value of creativity. Many people can benefit from art, no matter their ability. I organised a family day at university where parents and their children were able to enjoy different creative workshops during the day and it turned out to be such a special day. People discovered they were able to achieve much more than they thought they were capable of and they enjoyed spending quality time together as a family.
5. I am an accredited life coach and it is a goal of mine to have my own online business. I have used my life coaching skills within my career and have witnessed the benefits it can have. I used self-coaching myself for a few years before I trained and there are some great books out there. I aim to include some life coaching related posts on this blog in the future.
I am nominating the following blogs for the Creative Blogger award (apologies for not nominating the full number but am new to this and only just nominated blogs yesterday for the Liebster Award.
A Simple Note – bailday.wordpress.com
O at the Edges – robertokaji.com
Ramblings of a College Introvert – conqueringanthropophobia.wordpress.com
Sincerely, James – sincerelyjames1.wordpress.com